E. Chiang's Student Collaborators
Student Collaborators and Their Papers
G stands for Graduate, U stands for Undergraduate. The number following the letter represents the year in which we worked together.
Open positions available for
graduate students and undergraduates.
Current students and some of their research topics:
12. Tushar Mittal (G1/G2): Planetesimal formation, debris disks, mantle plumes
11. Eve Lee (G1/G2/G3): Star formation, super-Earth formation.
10. Skylar Kerzner (U2): Protoplanetary disk rotation curves, with application to the Atacama Large Millimeter Array.
Former students and some of their research topics:
9. Daniel Perez-Becker (G3/G4/G5/G6/G7): Ionization chemistry of protoplanetary disks, hot Jupiter hydrodynamics, disintegrating rocky planets. Postdoctoral fellow at Insight Data Science, now Software Engineer at Yammer.com
8. Ruth A. Murray-Clay (G2/G3/G4/G5/G6): Planetary dynamics, planet formation, hot Jupiter atmospheres, pre-main-sequence phenomena. Smithsonian astrophysicist (tenured) and Harvard lecturer.
7. Hyomin Choi (U2/U3/U4): Oort Cloud, Kuiper Belt, mathematics.
6. Aaron T. Lee (G1/G2) : Planetesimal formation, star formation.
5. Linda E. Strubbe (G2/G3): Debris disks, planetary dynamics, galaxy formation.
4. Jessica R. Lovering (U1/U2/U3): Observations of the Kuiper Belt, astrometry, origin of Trojan librators.
- Resonant and Secular Families of the Kuiper Belt , E. I. Chiang, J.R. Lovering, R. L. Millis, M. W. Buie, L. H. Wasserman, & K. J. Meech, Earth, Moon, & Planets, as part of First Decadal Review of the Kuiper Belt special issue, 92, 49-62 (2003)
3. Christopher J. Culter (U1/U2/U3/U4): Narrow ring dynamics, chaos, mathematics.
2. Amy Jordan (U3/U4): Observations of the Kuiper Belt, astrometry, resonance dynamics.
- Resonance Occupation in the Kuiper Belt: Case Examples of the 5:2 and Trojan Resonances, E. I. Chiang, A. B. Jordan, R. L. Millis, M. W. Buie, L. H. Wasserman, J. L. Elliot, S. D. Kern, D. E. Trilling, K. J. Meech, & R. M. Wagner, AJ, 126, 430-443 (2003)
1. Ryan Moo Kwang Joung (U3/U4): Thermodynamics and spectra of protoplanetary disks.
Spectral Energy Distributions of Passive T Tauri and Herbig Ae Disks: Grain Mineralogy, Parameter Dependences, and Comparison with ISO LWS Observations,
E. I. Chiang, M.K. Joung, M.J. Creech-Eakman, C. Qi, J. Kessler, G.A. Blake, & E.F. van Dishoeck, ApJ, 547, 1077-1089 (2001)