Electromagnetic waves, physical optics, relativity and quantum physics
Cohn Section Final info
Last updated Monday May 12
Exam Group 7-Monday May 19, 12:30-3:30 pm, 2040 & 2060 VLSB
Finals Review Sessions:
Both are in 4 Leconte, 6-8PM. Use the southwest entrance (next to the bike racks,
underneath the bridge to Birge) for access.
May 5/17 (Sat) -- Giancoli Ch. 32-37, w/ Brad
May 5/18 (Sun) -- Giancoli Ch. 38 onward, w/ Ilya
About the exam:
- There are 10 questions, 3 1/2 are on material covered in the
previous 2 exams.
- You can bring three sheets with notes on them (ie notes from first
and second exam).
- Please bring your own paper, a stapler will be provided.
- No calculators will be needed or allowed.
Some questions about material that came up after the last lecture:
- There was a question about which particles you need to know details
such as their
charges. You should know the electromagnetic/lepton/nucleon etc
charge of the 6 quarks, 6 leptons and the photon, W's and Z.
- On the board I wrote that for the wavefunctions for the
square well, psim and psin, that the integral
of psim psin over all space was equal to zero,
which is true if the integers m and n are not the same. It was noted that
I didn't write the caveat on the board. If they are the same integer,
then if the wavefunctions are normalized then the integral equals one.
Note that there are old exams online