Stay up to date on Astronomy department and campus news, announcements, and developments!
- Astronomy in the News
- News and Noteworthy
- A Message From the Chair
- New Faculty Highlight: Wenbin Liu
- Research Fellows and Postdocs
- Stellar explosion in 1054 C.E. may have been a third flavor of supernova
- How fast is the universe expanding?
- Undergraduate Research Opportunities
- Astrophysics Roundtable
- Berkeley Discover: Physics & Astronomy
- Q&A with Raffaella Margutti
- Exoplanet Around Distant Star Resembles Our Reputed ‘Planet Nine’
- 150 Years of Women at Berkeley
- UC Berkeley Played Big Role in Reinhard Genzel’s Nobel Prize-winning Work
- Berkeley Student Throws Cold Water on ‘Monster’ Black Hole Discovery
- News & Noteworthy
- Getting to know Astro!
What's new in Astronomy? Catch up on breakthrough research developments, faculty and student achievements, and other exciting news in this year's departmental newsletter!
- Evening with the Stars
- Remembering Harold Weaver
- James Webb Space Telescope
- Astronomy in the news
- New faculty
- Getting to Know…
- Evening with the Stars and more!
- Creation of BIDS
- Imke de Pater’s work aboard NASA’s SOFIA aircraft
- Mariska Kriek’s MOSFIRE Deep Evolution survey
- Eugene Chiang receives Berkeley’s Distinguished Teaching Award
- How common are habitable planets?
- Eliot Quataert named 2012 Simons Investigator
- Alex Filippenko flies with Blue Angels
- New Campbell Hall groundbreaking and updates
- Geoff Marcy recieves grant to build Habitable World Spectrometer.
- Introduction to new faculty
- Department's role in 2011 Nobel Prize for Physics
- Marc Davis' Gruber Award
- Announcement of new Trumpler Award