|1. What's your name?|
2. Where were you working most recently?
3. Are you here as a student, postdoc, faculty member, researcher,
admin, or in some other capacity?
4. Are you working closely with a particular group (CIPS, RAL, TAC,
...) and / or on a particular fellowship (Miller, Einstein, NSF, ...)?
5. If you're a student or postdoc, who is your faculty mentor? If
you're faculty or staff, is there someone with whom you'll be working
Geoff Bower, Don Backer
6. Which office are you sitting in?
7. Tell us (in 2 or 3 sentences) a little about what you'll be
working on at Berkeley.
I am working to help bring the best science out of the Allen
Telescope Array. A focus of my work is on radio transients, which
spans my work here and in my previous work in the Netherlands with the
Low-Frequency Array (LOFAR). My thesis work was on surveys of the
Galactic center, a topic that I still pursue.
8. Anything else (in 2 or 3 sentences) you'd like to tell us about
yourself, your interests, your family, etc.?
I enjoy playing soccer and brewing beer, although not at the same time.