| 1. What's your name?|
Chat Hull (full name: Charles L. H. Hull)
2. Where were you working most recently?
As a high school physics teacher at Woodberry Forest School (all-boys boarding school in central Virginia), and as a physics, math, and music teacher in a high school in San Mateo Ixtatán, Guatemala.
3. Are you here as a student, postdoc, faculty member, researcher, admin, or in some other capacity?
I'm a first-year grad student.
4. Are you working closely with a particular group (CIPS, RAL, TAC, ...) and / or on a particular fellowship (Miller, Einstein, NSF, ...)?
I'm currently on Berkeley's Chancellor fellowship and an NSF fellowship. Not working with a particular group yet.
5. If you're a student or postdoc, who is your faculty mentor? If you're faculty or staff, is there someone with whom you'll be working closely?
I haven't yet settled on a research project (or adviser), but hopefully I will within the next year or so!
6. Which office are you sitting in?
7. Tell us (in 2 or 3 sentences) a little about what you'll be working on at Berkeley.
Time will tell! Probably things toward the observational end.
8. Anything else (in 2 or 3 sentences) you'd like to tell us about yourself, your interests, your family, etc.?
I'm into science, languages, and music...astronomer by day, singer (jazz and classical) by night, enjoyer of Spanish-speaking at all times.