|1. What's your name?
2. Where were you working most recently?
3. Are you here as a student, postdoc, faculty member, researcher, admin, or in some other capacity?
4. Are you working closely with a particular group (CIPS, RAL, TAC, ...) and / or on a particular fellowship (Miller, Einstein, NSF, ...)?
5. If you're a student or postdoc, who is your faculty mentor? If you're faculty or staff, is there someone with whom you'll be working closely?
Mentor: Eliot Quataert (but working closely with a few people)
6. Which office are you sitting in?
553 Campbell -- with the other Phil (Phil Chang)
7. Tell us (in 2 or 3 sentences) a little about what you'll be working on at Berkeley.
My work is mostly centered on galaxy formation and AGN. In particular models for how AGN feedback affects galaxy formation and evolution (the origin of red galaxies, the 'quenching' and 'cooling flow' problems) and how it alters the growth history of supermassive black holes. Also, how mergers and galaxy interactions relate to galaxy formation: the creation of bulges and elliptical galaxies and the preservation/regrowth of galactic disks.
8. Anything else (in 2 or 3 sentences) you'd like to tell us about yourself, your interests, your family, etc.?
In addition to my movie-collecting (and quoting) habit, I pride myself on my mixology. So I'm always up for hosting drinks and/or checking out bar recommendations. Cheers.