|1. What's your name?|
Jeffrey "Jeff" M. Silverman
2. Where were you working most recently?
Right here, right now (Rice University before that -- 3 years ago).
3. Are you here as a student, postdoc, faculty member, researcher, admin,
or in some other capacity?
Grad student extraordinaire.
4. Are you working closely with a particular group (CIPS, RAL, TAC, ...)
and / or on a particular fellowship (Miller, Einstein, NSF, ...)?
Alex Filippenko's Group (aka The Flipper Group) (aka Berkeley
SuperNova Ia Follow-up -- BSNIF)
5. If you're a student or postdoc, who is your faculty mentor? If you're
faculty or staff, is there someone with whom you'll be working closely?
6. Which office are you sitting in?
533. I'm also standing, and sometimes lounging and/or napping in 533.
7. Tell us (in 2 or 3 sentences) a little about what you'll be working on
I work on supernovae; observing them, reducing data, and doing
spectroscopy. I will focus mainly on type Ia supernovae.
8. Anything else (in 2 or 3 sentences) you'd like to tell us about
yourself, your interests, your family, etc.?
I like movies and concerts and bars quite a lot.